Notes from Bella, the neurotic Beardie

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The great escape!

RL took me and BFF over to the gardens last night. We walked around while she looked at cabbages and zinnias. BFF tried to roll in some kind of sticky leaves; I was really interested in some of the other dog smells that were around. She stopped and looped our leashes over a wood post and walked around putting water on different plants. BFF and I watched for awhile but when her back was turned, I lunged HARD and we were free!! I ran hard down the paths and turned to see where BFF was but he was just sitting there! RL didn't seem too concerned (but she might have been pretending). Since she wasn't chasing me and BFF wasn't running with me, I wasn't sure that escaping was such a good idea. I ran up and down again to see if they maybe didn't notice me. Nothing. RL was talking to a man I'd never seen and told him my name. When he called me, I ran up to him and he turned my leash over to RL. She gave me a hug and I'm pretty sure her heart was beating a little bit faster than it usually does. Maybe it's just better to stay at home.

2 comments:

Clara said...

Bella, you're a good dog to come when you're called. Twiggy is VERY bad about doing that, so if he ever "escaped," who knows what might happen! Your BFF was very wise to stay put.

BG

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).